Roasted Vegetable Harvest Bowl
- 4 carrots, cut how you like (strips, coins, diced, etc)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (divided)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 pinch each, salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cups halved brussel sprouts
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
Dressing (or you can use whatever pre-made dressing you have on hand!)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Kale (chopped and massaged)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sliced Avocado
- Goat Cheese
- Candied Walnuts
- Dried Cranberries
- Anything else you might like!
1. To prepare the roasted vegetables, preheat the oven to 400 degress F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease if no parchment paper).
2. Add the carrots and potatoes and drizzle with half the maple syrup, half the olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat the vegetables, then bake for 12 minutes.
3. While the veggies are in the oven, prepare the quinoa. Heat a saucepan over medium-heat and add quinoa to lightly sauté. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to not burn, then add water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to cook for about 18 minutes until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Once done, tilt the lid to allow steam to escape and remove from heat. Set aside.
4. At the 12 minute mark, take the veggies out of the oven to add the halved brussel sprouts. Top with the remaining maple syrup and olive oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Return the sheet pan to the oven and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
5. While the veggies are back in the oven, prepare the dressing by whisking together tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Add warm water 2 Tbsp at a time while mixing if you find the texture too thick. The final product should be thick but pourable. Adjust the flavor as needed, adding more maple syrup for more sweetness or lemon juice for acidity. Add salt and pepper if you'd like.
6. Now for the fun part: assembly! Place quinoa into a serving bowl, and top with roasted vegetables and other mix-ins you have on hand. Top with a generous drizzle of the dressing and enjoy!