Make Ahead Strawberry Ricotta French Toast Bake
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus overnight)
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes (over two days)
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf brioche, or any white bread
- 1 lb strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, milk, ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, almond extract, salt, and brown sugar.
2. Spray a deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and fill with sliced bread. Place so bread is upright in the pan. Take about 3/4 of the strawberries and push between the slices of bread.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the bread evenly, pushing down the slices of bread to ensure they soak in the liquid.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. When oven is ready, bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Top with remaining strawberries and dust with powder sugar.
7. Dig in, and don't forget the whipped cream!