Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bell peppers diced, red, orange, yellow mix
- 1 fresh pineapple diced
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet. Sear outside until a nice golden crust forms.
3. Remove chicken from pan, add in bell peppers and saute for 3-5 minutes until tender, remove from pan.
4. Add sauce ingredients to pan, and bring to a simmer, add chicken back in, and cook on medium-low heat, letting sauce reduce while chicken cooks through.
5. Add peppers and pineapple to pan, and cook a few minutes more, until sauce is thick, sticky, and glossy, and peppers are tender.
6. Serve over cooked white rice.