Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Recipe and images from lecremedelacrumb.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- 18 ounces ravioli
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled OR 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon italian herb blend seasoning or herbs de provence
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper reduce to 1/4 teaspoon if using ground black pepper
Fill a large pot with 4 inches of water, bring to a boil. Add ravioli and boil for 3 minutes, then drain and blanch the ravioli by running cold water over it immediately. Optionl: Toss ravioli in 1 teaspoon olive oil o keep it from sticking together.
In a large skillet combine butter, garlic, and mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant.
Stir in broth, bring to a simmer, then stir in heavy cream. Simmer til reduced by half and creamy (about 5-7 minutes).
Stir in dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed.
Gently stir in ravioli.
If desired, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, parsley or thyme, and cracked black pepper before serving.