- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain; return to pot. Mash potatoes, gradually adding sour cream, milk and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Recipe and image from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/gruyere-mashed-potatoes/